ACTIVATED B-12 GUARD: PROMOTES HEART HEALTH
The correlation between homocysteines and vitamin B-12 is significant. Nearly 57% of men with elevated homocysteine have low levels of B-12. Signs of deficiency may take as long as six or more years to manifest clinically. Meanwhile, as homocysteine levels climb, cardiovascular risk rises. ACTIVATED B-12 Guard, taken with the synergistic nutrients B-6 and folic acid (both found in PERQUE2 Life Guard), delivers maximum action for keeping homocysteine levels low.* B-12 AND FOLIC ACID The connection between vitamin B-12 and folic acid is also critical. Vitamin B-12 reactivates folic acid. If an individual has low levels of vitamin B-12, severe folic acid deficiency may develop. Similarly, a B-12-deficient individual taking only folic acid can make the B-12 deficiency worse.
Chronically low levels of B-12 result in megaloblastic (B-12) anemia. The solution: Always take both B-12 and folate, which can be found in PERQUE2 Life Guard and in PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard.*
B-12 AND FOLIC ACID
The connection between vitamin B-12 and folic acid is also critical. Vitamin B-12 reactivates folic acid. If an individual has low levels of vitamin B-12, severe folic acid deficiency may develop. Similarly, a B-12 deficient individual taking only folic acid can make the B-12 deficiency worse. Chronically low levels of B-12 result in megaloblastic (B-12) anemia. The solution: Always take both B-12 and folate, which can be found in PERQUE2 Life Guard and in PERQUE Hematin Anemia Guard (unique PERQUE iron supplement formulation).*
ACTIVATED B-12 GUARD: FIGHTS FATIGUE
Hectic lifestyles, stress, and increasing levels of toxins in the environment can lead to exhaustion. Individuals suffering from fatigue can benefit from B-12 supplementation. B-12 stimulates the body's utilization of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, which in turn can increase energy. Research shows that 2-20 mg. (2,000 - 20,000 mcg) daily is required for optimal benefit. Each B-12 Guard lozenge delivers 2,000 mcg of B-12.*
ONE SUBLINGUAL LOZENGE PROVIDES:
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) sublingual lozenge daily or as directed by your health professional. Place lozenge under tongue and let dissolve.
Available in bottles of 100 sublingual lozenges.
MORE ABOUT HOMOCYSTEINE: BEAT FATIGUE WITH B-12
The importance of maintaining normal homocysteine levels cannot be overemphasized. Your heart health depends on it. Clearly, the scientific evidence indicates that nutrient deficiency is a factor in elevated homocysteine levels. However, in a recent study, researchers discovered that in many patients, even when serum levels of vitamins appear to be normal, homocysteine concentrations were still too high.*
Elevated homocysteine levels are implicated in much more than heart disease. In a study of women with both chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, researchers discovered that all of the patients had high levels of homocysteine in their cerebrospinal fluid. They also noted a significant correlation between high homocysteine levels and fatigue. The study emphasized the importance of the relationship between B-12 and homocysteine, and showed that B-12 deficiency was a contributing factor. By decreasing levels of homocysteine in the central nervous system, B-12 can help prevent and treat fatigue.*
1. Glueck CJ, et al.: Evidence that homocysteine is an independent risk factor for atherosclerosis in hyperlipidemic patients. Am J Cardiol 1995; 75: 132-136.
2. Van Goor, et al.: Cobalamin deficiency and mental impairment in elderly people. Age Ageing 1995; 24: 536-542.
3. Abalan F, et al.: Frequency of deficiencies of vitamin B-12 and folic acid in patients admitted to a geriatric psychiatry unit. Encephale 1984; 10: 9-12.
4. Nilsson K, Gustafson L, Hultberg B: Plasma homocysteine is a sensitive marker for tissue deficiency of both cobalamines and folates in a psychogeriatric population. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 1999 November-December; 10(6): 467-482.
5. Regland B, Andersson M, Abrahamson L, Bagby J, Dyrehag LE, Gottfries CG: Increased concentrations of homocysteine in the cerebrospinal fluid in patients with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Scand J Rheumatol 1997; 26(4): 301-307.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.