ONE ROUNDED HALF-TEASPOON PROVIDES:
Buffering, Essential, Energizing Minerals
As a dietary supplement, take one rounded half-teaspoon mixed with four (4) ounces of liquid or as directed by your health professional. Wait for effervescence to stop before drinking. Must be stored with cap on tightly in a cool, dry place. If the powder becomes yellow or clumpy or anything other than pure white powder it must be discarded. Keep tightly capped.
Available in 8-ounce and 16-ounce bottles.
Note: Each rounded teaspoon contains 3.2 grams of fully buffered ascorbate. Each 8-ounce bottle contains 113 servings with a total of 227 grams of ascorbate. Each 16-ounce bottle contains 227 servings with a total of 454 grams of ascorbate.
For information on how to do a "C flush calibration," click here.
L-ASCORBATE AND BLOOD PRESSURE REDUCTION
Buffered Ascorbate (vitamin C): Multiple Benefits Blood pressure reduction:
PERQUE Potent C Guard is your safer, more effective choice. Obesity, alcohol consumption, physical inactivity, and a high-fat/ protein/sugar diet can induce high blood pressure, in part through insulin resistance (Syndrome X). The greatest benefit comes from full tissue saturation of fully reduced and fully buffered ascorbate.*
Benefits of l-ascorbate, vitamin C because it:
1. Appel LJ, Moore TJ, Obarzanek E, et al: A clinical trial of the effects of dietary patterns on blood pressure: DASH Collaborative Research Group. NEJM 1997; 336: 1117-1124.
2. Taddei S, Virdis A, Ghiadoni L, et al:Vitamin C improves endothelium-dependent vasodilation by restoring nitric oxide activity in essential hypertension. Circulation 1998; 97: 2222-2229.
3. Heller R, Unbehaun A, Schellenberg B, Mayer B,Werner-felmayer G,Werner ER. L-Ascorbic Acid Potentiates Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthesis via a Chemical Stabilization of Tetrahydrobiopterin. J Biol Chem 2001; 276: 40-47.
4. Jaffe R. How to do an ascorbate (vitamin C) calibration ("C Flush") to determine personal need. HSC, January 2001.
Get the lead out: PERQUE Potent C Guard is effective at lowering the body's burden of toxic minerals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, and nickel. This action occurs both by decreasing uptake of toxic minerals from the intestine and by increasing renal and stool excretion of toxic minerals.*
5. Dawson EB, Evans DR, Harris WA,Teter MC, McGanity WJ.The effect of ascorbic acid supplementation on the blood lead levels of smokers. JACN. 1999: 18: 166-170.
Potent protection from atherosclerosis/ASHD: Lower your coronary and stroke risk by improved antioxidant, vessel health, and toxin reduction actions of PERQUE Potent C Guard. Homocysteine levels and risk are reduced; and aging is slowed by reduced free radical damage.*
6. Carr AC, Zhu BZ, Frei B.Potential antiatherogenic mechanisms of ascorbate (vitamin C) and alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E). Circ Res 2000; 87(5): 349-54.
7. Ames BN, Shigenaga MK, Hagen TM. Oxidants, antioxidants, and the degenerative diseases of aging. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1993;90(17): 7915-22.
8. McCully K. Chemical pathology of homocysteine. III. Cellular function and aging. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 1994; 24(2): 134-52.
Raise cell energy and boost immune defense and repair competence with PERQUE Potent C Guard.*
9. Anderson R, Smit MJ, Joone GK, Van Staden AM. Vitamin C and cellular immune functions. Protection against hypochlorous acid-mediated inactivation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and ATP generation in human leukocytes as a possible mechanism of ascorbate-mediated immunostimulation. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990; 587: 34-48.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.